Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error: port refinement: process abc3d died unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

hertz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss port refinement

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a simple rectangular waveguides to check how HFSS simulation works. Basically, I specify waveports with 3 modes. I was running from 1-25GHz. My cutoff freqs are TE10 = 9.72GHz, TE20 = 19.44GHz, TE01 = 24.19GHz, and TM11 = 26.07GHz, ...

I didn't have any problems when I had 3modes defined for each port. When I increased the number of modes to 4. I started the port refinement at 30GHz. It gave me this error. Anybody knows anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

port refinement process abc3d

Dear Hertz,

THe first thing in this case is meshing. Did you do manual meshing? If you did this then in your case, see at 30 GHz wavelength will be very small..the number of tetra will be large ...this could be the cause of problem....If you didnt do manual meshing, then I suggest you to try your problem on a computer with larger memory. This could solve ur problem

kind regards,

JAgjit Singh Bal

port refinement, process abc3d

Thanks a lot! I limited number of meshes at the ports, and it now works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back