Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is anode , which is cathode of chip led?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

Dual LED picture, central top picture of page 5...........

**broken link removed**

.....which is anode and which is cathode.......at the moment , our assembly staff have no way of knowing which is anode, and which is cathode>

Do you know?

The connection diagram is given on that very page.

Here it is:

5781160800_1354965589.png

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
our assembly staff have no way of knowing which is anode, and which is cathode
1. There's a clear packaging specification for each package showing the orientation in the tape.
2. For those who can't read or don't trust in datasheets I suggest a multimeter.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
when the production staff have pulled the part off the tape, they will no longer be able to see the part in the tape, and thus they wont know which way round......a cathode is usually marked with a line........i cant see one on this package.......we cant have our staff using multimeters..............it takes too long, we need a mark on the package..............................is there one there and i just cant see it?

Why can't you test it with multi meter,because everything is on the datasheet the anode and cathode

is there one there and i just cant see it?

There should be a green dot at the bacl side of the led just like the one shown in the top center of page 6 but in your package it will be smaller

So you are talking about manual assembly. I don't have the said diode at hand, so I can't check if the marking features are shown correctly in the datasheet. My general experience is that any LED type has a least one unique polarity mark. Once you have verified the correct polarity with a multimeter you should know which marking feature can be used best.

For clear LEDs, the chip and bond wire position is usually a sufficient feature to identify the orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back