Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot 3D radiation pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan1

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gnuplot radiation pattern

I am trying to plot 3D radiation pattern. I mean 3D polar plot. Does anyone know any software that can do this?

plot 3d polar matlab

HFSS can do it. You can choose 3D Plot, such as E, H, Gain, and so on.

how to plot 3d radiation pattern

does HFSS have a seperate utility to plot the radiation patterns? I have the measured data and I want to plot it. The data is columnwise. Theta,Phi .vs Power. I want to plot these data in a 3D polar plot like the one MWS or HFSS does

gnuplot 3d polar plot

u can simply export ur data into any data file format, and via MATLAB u can do it easily

Plotting polar patterns in Matlab could be proved very tricky ;)
Matlab converts negative numbers to positive/180phase... 2D polar patterns need to be carefully converted before plotting...

Moreover, 3D polar patterns are impossible with Matlab... You have to convert to XYZ data points and then plot with 'surf' or 'mesh' commands... This could be very annoying when handling thousands of data-points (360X180)...

mogwai.

I have to agree with you after a lot of attempt with matlab. I wonder if there is any other more usefull plotting software for this purpose (3D polar plots of radiation patterns)

it is not that impossible guys as u say !!

anyway, if was impossible 4 u, then use (Gnuplot) , it is an effeceint alternative and a free famous software

Problem is not 2D radiation patterns. Thats easy, almost any software can handle 2D polar plots. But 3D polar plot is not very easy as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back