Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to change D2PAK footprint with TO263-3 on Orcad/Allegro PCB Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamirzahoor

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a PCB *.BRD file. No schematic no netlist. On board 03 D2PAK footprint placed U28, U29, U30. I want to replace a only U29 footprint D2PAK with To263-3. Any body know the procedure to replace the footprint without schematic and netlist.

Delete d2pak footprint from board file and place your to263-3 footprint in your library path with the name what you given earlier for d2pak then place it manually in your board file then follow logic->assign refdes-> go to options->enter u29 then click on manually place footprint, do not refresh the footprints after this process

Reactions: KLeon

KLeon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for reply, footprint is placed using your process but their refdes name U29 is not change.

why you want change refdes you just want change the footprint(package) right ?

Attached is the PNG files 1.PNG is the picture of D2PAK (U29) which i want to replace with To263-3 package. When i place the footprint it place as shown in to263-3.png I want to place it with U29 reference designator.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 148
  • to263-3.png
    to263-3.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 136

T0263 has 4 pin right but D2pak has 3 pin while creating footprint you have create like fourth pin has mechanical pin.so now you can get same.you have save footprint name as D2pak ....

Attached is the PNG files 1.PNG is the picture of D2PAK (U29) which i want to replace with To263-3 package. When i place the footprint it place as shown in to263-3.png I want to place it with U29 reference designator.

1.first you delete d2pak(u29) on your board file.
2.place "to263-3" manually on board file.
3.Then follow this "logic->assign refdes-> go to options->enter u29 then click on manually placed footprint(tos63-3)"
4.Make sure that both the components have same pin numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back