Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to AC inverter H-Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheen354

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody.
I need H-bridge schematic for 230V 50Hz output from DC 350V, using 555 timer IC and mosfets.

Feed the 555 output to a flip flop. Feedback the outputs of the flip flop a high/low side driver which will drive the four MOSFETs in the H-brigde.

Why do you want to use the 555 chip? Can't you use SG3525 or SG3524 or TL494? Or even the CD4047?

Friend, thank you
Actually i m having a 1000watt inverter, which is burnt almost unrepairablely. And also have no diagram for exect component values. I repair its converter pats but unable to recognise compunents in the inverter portion which are completely destroyed. Other problem is the space inside the cabnet. So i decided to get help from some experts to solve the problem. If u have any stand-alone copect cct diagram please...

Thanks.
It is the same pcb with components value marked. Now i will try it. Can i get its schematic?

Here's the schematic for the one using NE556 and 4013:

16_1320949947.jpg

Here's one with TL494, if you're interested:
34_1320951996.jpg

And this:
78_1319388238.jpg

You can find these and more here: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/228090/

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks brother. U solve my problem.

hello Tahamid long time dont hear from you I have a problem with my inverter I am building. I am building the design u uploAD HERE using the cd4013 and the ne556. The problem i am having now is when i connect the power the ac volts will go up to about 130v where I set it but in a few minutes it falls off down to about 123v ac but at the same time the 170v dc remains the same. next thing when i put loads of even 60watts the ac volts falls off by 1 volt while the 170 v remain. Could u tell me in which section of the circuit should i trouble shoot this problem. Thank you

Well, the first thing I would suggest would be to increase the bootstrap capacitors E9 and E10 from 10uF to 33uF.

Well, the first thing I would suggest would be to increase the bootstrap capacitors E9 and E10 from 10uF to 33uF.

Thank you very much as soon as I get the chance today I will do the adjustment I appreciate your usual help to us.

hello Tahmid i am so sad I tried the higher value but the AC voltage does,nt stay up at where it is when u turn on the inverter it keeps on falling down to a lower voltage. i am still wondering in which stage I am having this problem if it is h bridge or the ne556 or cd4013 section because the 170 v is stable .I have another question . In most small inverters on the market you will see tl494 used as pwm to drive the h bridge. I want to know if using the 4013 and ne556 config circuit that I am building i can build a big 2000 watt inverter and it work just as good as the one that uses the tl494 is there a disadvantage please help me here. Thank u waiting your reply

hello Tahmid I am still waiting on u to help with this voltage fall problem I have . I change the caps and it still kepp falling could it be a problem in the 50hz oscillation section please give me your suggestion. Thank u

Which MOSFETs (and how many) are you using? It's possible that the drive circuit is inadequate for the MOSFETs you are using and the MOSFETs aren't being fully on, and hence the voltage losses. Measure the voltage and frequency at the outputs of the 4013 and post the measurement results.

The problem of voltage drop is from the 1st stage mosfet.Is not all mosfet that switch on.Check all the gate resistor and mosfet

Thank you Tahmid i appreciate your reply. I am using IRFP260n the frequency at the output of 4013 is 60 HZ I will check the voltage today and send you the reply. The circuit as u see uses irf630 but because I wanted to build finally 2000 watts i used irfp260n

- - - Updated - - -

thank you very much my friend

Tahmid I was busy for the past days so I did not get to work on my inverter circuit but i have a question I have asked over and over but got no answer. I want to be sure before i continue working on this inverter. The circuit i posted to you earlier using the 4013 and ne556 as duty cycler and 50hz modulator I want to know if this design is good enough to build to run appliances in my house like a fridge or i have to use a circuit that uses ic like sg3524 or tl494 as modulator please help me here before I go further.does it really make a difference Thank you I await your reply

Hello Tahmid i am still having problem with the inverter let me ask you or anyone in the forum a question. i have seen into a xantrex 1500 watt inverter and I am not sure but it looks as if they use a h bridge with the 24v battery supply use a modulator to drive it and then use a transformer to increase the voltage to 120v ac could you tell me if this is the principle because i am not getting anywhere with the high frequency i am building and i dont see any hf transformers in these name brand inverters. Please help me here thank you

Hello Tahmid I need some help here the inverter circuit I posted earlier I need an H Bridge schematic that uses at least 8 fets I want to see the circuit arrangement connections . The circuit uses ne556 as oscilator and 4013 and this drives the 4 fets but I want to add 4 more for more power but I am not sure how to do this could you post a drawing on this please. Thank you

Feed the 555 output to a flip flop. Feedback the outputs of the flip flop a high/low side driver which will drive the four MOSFETs in the H-brigde.

Why do you want to use the 555 chip? Can't you use SG3525 or SG3524 or TL494? Or even the CD4047?

Hello Tahmid can you please help me to think why using square wave at 1KHZ I am getting immediately on the output of the H-bridge 7V AC when applying 100VDC even above 100VDC I stay with those 7VAC.;Please help me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back