Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMF detector diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx5

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
build emf detector

hi,

wonder if any of you got working EMF detectors... really would love to build one.... to see if my room has any "hidden" radiation... :)

emf detector circuit

You should use the following sequence: wire antenna, broad band RF amplifier, diode detector, indicating method.

A simpler method which is not as sensitive is the wire, diode, oscilloscope.

emf detector diagrams

could you maybe post a diagram?? :) particularly that broad band RF amp...

emf meter circuits

Here is a link to a field strength meter http://www.alphalink.com.au/~parkerp/noapr97.htm

If you are looking for hidden espionage devices you do a raster scan moving this instrument across the surface of the walls, floor, and ceiling of your room. Then over all of the surfaces of the objects in the room. This still will not get all of the devices because they can be remotely controlled to turn on and off to save battery power.

If you do a google search for 'field strength meter' you will get at the top of the list hobby grade ones with low cost.

german emf meter

are field strength meter and EMF meter, the same?? i mean do they operate the same principle? :)

how to build emf detector

They are different words for much the same thing. Field strength meters used in industry are calibrated for strength in volts/meter. Since all you want to do is discover espionage bugs, knowing the exact stength is not necessary.

electromagnetic field detector diagram

flatulent said:
They are different words for much the same thing. Field strength meters used in industry are calibrated for strength in volts/meter. Since all you want to do is discover espionage bugs, knowing the exact stength is not necessary.

hi, im not looking for espionage devices... what im trying to "see" is electromagnetic feild around me :) ....around my room actually.... ex. electric FAN, TV, any other AC operated devices.... to see if they emmit electromagnetic or magnetic radiation.. that is at a level too high....

how to build an emf detector

At these low frequencies you can make a series circuit of a coil, diode, and current meter.

flatulent said:
At these low frequencies you can make a series circuit of a coil, diode, and current meter.

low frequency meaning 50/60Hz magnetics?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back