Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio & Video transmission over RF using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanodhaynss

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi frnds, am looking forward to design a module for audio & video transmission and reception over RF using micro-controller. Pls share your ideas regaring this topic.

Of course it depends on your frame rate, however video transmissions typically require high transmission rates, like those associated with WiFi.

Although there are RF modules designed specifically for the transmission of Audio/Video.

BigDog

Of course it depends on your frame rate, however video transmissions typically require high transmission rates, like those associated with WiFi.

Although there are RF modules designed specifically for the transmission of Audio/Video.

BigDog

is der any microcontroller which supports the audio and video transmission through wifi....like suppose i want to make two modules of microcontroller interfaced with a camera, microphone, color LCD, speaker, wifi transceiver and do video calling between both the modules....now is this possible???

Unless you want to devise your own audio and video encoding/decoding routines, you'll probably want to use some existing routines. They do exist, in Linux world. So, you need a microcontroller with memory management and sufficient throughput and ROM/RAM to run Linux, unless you want to write your own routines. For a Linux capable processor, you could google for that, to identify the microcontroller you want. Then, you need software that can handle video calling - you could write your own, or you could use standards based methods like SIP. So, yes it is possible (since such devices exist), and you need some experience in developing Linux based applications.

is der any raw method of doing so, like can i build a circuitry with all electronic components to do this audio and video transmission.....because i dont know much about linux based processors and i hav never worked on developing linux based applications....

It is easy to transmit text data using RF. I already done it. but never i used RF for video/Audio transmission. I think it is some difficult. What is your requirement? What do you want to make?

@bhanodhaynss,

I used **broken link removed** with TCP/IP for sending text data(string) on wifi 802.11b/g network. I'm sure you so can send audio/video(object/stream) used TCP/IP. Read this article, maybe usefull.

Last edited:

It is easy to transmit text data using RF. I already done it. but never i used RF for video/Audio transmission. I think it is some difficult. What is your requirement? What do you want to make?

i wanna make a device which can transmit and receive audio and video by any wireless means, i heard RF is one of the way....
if anyone knows how to do this transmission with any other technology like bluetooth, wifi or zigbee pls let me know

Hi,

With WiFi you can transmit and receive any kind of data and there are plenty of cheap WiFi options available in the market now days. You can google for such kind of Wifi solution. and may be you can also check WHZ4178.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back