Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to caculate the voltage in picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staric

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to caculate the voltage in Va?

Where is the input supply voltage and what does the circle above Va depict? A current source? What is its value? Also waht are the beta values for the transistor?

I will give you two hints: assume that the current that flows through the bases of both transistors in negligable and it looks like you have a current source above, so the supply voltage beyond doesn't matter...
Now should be able do your homework...

I think it=VR1+Vbe1+VR4.I will not think of the situation of the transistors.

write mesh equations. 3 variable 3 equations..
on solving this u can get currents (a function of transistor Beta) in each branch..
now take the branch with resistors.. calculate voltage across each resistor..
thats all..

looks like a cheap ptat generator to me. where R4/R5 sets the collector current in each device, deltaVbe due to this Ic mismatch is impressed across R2, and Vout = (R1+R2+R3)*Iptat
where Iptat = DeltaVbe/R2
and DeltaVbe = .0259*ln(Ic2/Ic1)
=.0259*ln(R5/R4)
assuming Ic2>Ic1.

Not a bandgap, since there is no diode, but maybe you want a ptat output voltage. Hmm I don't know why you would build this - maybe I should simulate it...

Write mesh equations? wow that's hard - I say just ask the circuit what it is doing, if you are nice it tells you.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.