Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer : how to change default net name in schematic editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabrizio L

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i need a net list with net names different than default net name given by Altium Designer (6.0), that in my case is Net#####.
I can't assign Net aliases to all wires and i would like to find a way to change this name in way as much immediate as possible. For example i need to assign the name from Net#### to N#####.
These are the attempts i made so far:

- selected all wires and tried to change the net name from "List" and "Inspector" tools -> i can see no column that allows me to do that
- used Parameter Manager / Nets -> i can see the column "Identifier" but cannot edit the content
- tried to set a value in schematic preferences for wires -> there's no field regarding the name. Making the same things for Net name primitives it only sets the default name to put when you place a net name but all the "un-named" wires wont be named with that pattern
- it would be possible to rename nets through the list tool in pcb design -> in my case pcb wont be made by Altium, that's why i need a correct netlist to be managed by other pcb tools

Please let me know if something is not enough undertandable.

Fabrizio.

the only way no assign a net name in Altium is to place a net label. But you would have to do this for every net.
You could generate a netlist in text format from your schematics and then use a text editor to globally change the names.

Thank you for replying.

Actually i would avoid to do what you suggested cause that would mean doing it everytime i edit the schematic.

I really cant understand why they didnt allowed to set a default name different than theirs, or at least consider to name a wire but hide the label as it was a parameter like components have.

Anyway thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back