Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding i3 1st Gen and i3 2nd Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embedded_Geek

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a laptop, so does it really make any difference if I opt for i3 1st Gen instead of i3 2nd Gen. If so what are all the differences that would effect the performance. By the way according to my analysis I found i3 2nd Gen is different from i3 1st Gen only in one aspect i.e., 3D support and graphic enhancement. Both the configuration will have an additional integrated 1 GB graphics card...

Waiting for an early reply,

Yes. The difference lies in the graphics performance and the architecture. Also i think the arrival of 3rd gen i3, i5 and i7 might have changed the market scenario of 1st gen processors.

Better go for 2nd Gen i3 if u are comparing 1st and 2nd gen. If you are planning to have additional graphics card like nvidia or ATI any generation processor would do. But cost wise u wont have much difference in 1st and 2nd gen processors as 3rd generation has already arrived.

the prime speed of i3 in the graphics end is drastically increased by the 2nd gen as well as some additional features which are absent in 1st gen

go for second gen instead of the first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back