Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCL "exec" command problem in SoC Encounter in Debian 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloktanjung

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to run my TCL script which has "exec" command calling another shell script in Debian 6. But the SoC Encounter 10.1 terminal gives an error (child killed: segmentation fault) whenever it reach the "exec" command in the TCL script. I have run the same TCL script in same version of SoC Encounter (10.1) in the Debian 5 without any problem.

Does anyone has met the same problem? or could anyone pointed me what would be the cause?

Thanks.

hai hairo

I am using soc encounter same version

Instead of "exec"

avoid using exec

just try with that command

or use [ ] instead of exec.

may work...

I'm sorry but I dont understand your suggestion. Should I try to use [] instead of "exec"? how is that?

Thanks.

Re: TCL "exec" command problem in SoC Encounter in Debian 6

if u want to execute a thing u can specify within braces.. It will suit for some commands u can try..

EX:-
[length $a]

give ur command inside []..

- - - Updated - - -

If it not works... give the specific command that u need in tcl.. i will try and report if there is any optional way..

Status
Not open for further replies.