Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell Desktop not coming up, just blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoltech

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls house, i need help ..i am working on a dell optiplex desktop, when i power it on ..it only blinks and this blinking continues until i remove the power...please what do i do to correct this.

its the power led thats blinking and wont go off even by pressing the power button until i remove the power cord from the system

Last edited:

what is blinking is the power led glowing or something

did you try to restart your system

try to see whether the fan sound is audible to you or not

Check suspend, standby and hibernation options in OS and BIOS. Specially in BIOS power option section if have.

Also,

This problem is known for "Optiplex 990 and 790". Check PSU or try other PSU.

:wink:

Last edited:

Change the power cable, if problem not solved than you should go to service centre.

it seems like the problem is with your smps. well... open-up your SMPS and check for any bulged capacitors and check all the the output voltages like +12v +5v +3.3

Last edited:

Do you get the POST beep sound at computer startup?
you can measure the voltages +12V, +5V, and +3.3V at a spare connector with a digital multimeter, if they are out of range then better to replace the SMPS power supply

I am curious... did you ever get a real solution for this? If so, let us know what happened.

first you have to check motherboard for any component for any damage. 2nd check point is check smps or change it, if problem is not solved after this only soltion is "Update BIOS using an ROM Programmer if you have otherwise go to an service center".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back