Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

15A Pin Receptacle for Littelfuse Pico 251 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ling4ever

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does anyone here have designed a board with socket/pin receptacle for a through hole fuse rated at 15A? I need to socket a 15A littelfuse pico 251 series to the pcb for ease of replacement in cases of blown fuse. I find it hard to look for a suitable pin receptacle for the application. Most pin receptacles that can accept 32-mil lead diameter are only rated below 7.5A at high temperatures, like the harwin H8504-01.

Please note that I can not change the fuse type so glass fuses are not an option here. The contionus operating temperature is +125C.

Attachments

• Littelfuse_251_253.pdf
    171.2 KB · Views: 56

The only way I could solve a similar problem previously was using the slotted terminals and soldered the fuse onto them.
https://www.harwin.com/terminals-spacers-pcb-sockets-slotted-5B08-category.html

Not very elegant for a quick replacement solution - I do agree...

Our local telecom industry are using a terminal block that almost works on the IDC principle in which they install some T/H gas discharge surge protectors, I could never find out who the manufacturer is though... (also doubtful about 15A cont at high temp).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back