Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium-Pad to Pad Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

StacyS

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am relatively new to Altium and have been plodding right along, but I am stuck...

Is there a way to set a seperate clearance rule for "pad to pad?" I found the electrical clearance rule, but I wanted to set a seperate clearance for "pad to pad" and/or "via to pad."

Thanks!

You can create a specific clearence rule using query builder.

You can use as Condition Type/Operator the operator Belongs to pad class but first, obviously, you'll create a pad class.

I think this is the right way to make the specific that you want.

You do use an electrical clearance rule, and as Inka_One mentioned you need to use the Altium rules language by using query helper or builder.

As a quick start though the rule you is "ispad" if you put this in both boxes it will do all pads on all layers. You can narrow the rule by adding other rule objects such as ispad and onlayertop etc. Or set up a pad class but these are overkill if you just want a general global rule.

Good luck,
Chris.

Perfect! Thanks to you, both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back