Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Spartan 6: programming FPGA using .bin file with JTAG cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elektronman

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm trying to program my Atlys 6 (Spartan 6 -based, with the Adpet USB port busted) with "Atlys4.bin" or with the .bin present in the demo Atlys_Demo_BIST_Clean. These files are available from the Digilent website's at Atlys board section http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,836&Prod=ATLYS
It is stated that the Atlys_Demo_BIST_Clean shoud install a demo ( which is factory loaded) in the board that shows the many capabilites of the board. It would be interesting to run the demo so I can check if my board is OK.
I 've tried to install the .bin from iMPACT, but when I choose "assign new configuration file" the program doesn't let me browse for files with
.bin extension (it is only for .bit and other formats), while when I try to program the SPI flash, it only asks me for .mcs files.
Page 3 of Atlys ref manual says that "Xilinx's ISE WebPack and EDK can create .bit, .svf, .bin, or .mcs from VHDL..." so I suppose the WebPack use .bit for configuring FPGA via JTAG as well.... but maybe I'm wrong and the .bin files can be used only via other means of communication with the board...
In short, since I don't have the Adept port, does anyone know if I have any chance to run the demo .bin file?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back