Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parasitic simulation issue in cadence spectre/calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to do the parasitic simulations of my circuit in cadence. I used calibre PEX tool to generate the extracted view, However, as the circuit is quite big, the extracted view simulations are taking very long time. Moreover, sometime the software crashes while doing the extracted simulations. Is there any way that i can only insert the critical parasitics in the main schematic and run the simulations (rather the using calibreview file from calibre PEX). What will be the right way to insert critical parasitics. For example, in distributed model format or lumped format. i.e should i put the overall resistance of lets say vdd path as one resistance or divide it into small pieces with parasitic capacitance to ground in between.

Looking forward for your suggestions.

AFAIR it is possible to back annotate selected parasitics from an extracted view (calibreview) into the schematic view.
Unfortunately I can't tell you details on how to do that, because I don't have access to C@dence tools any more.

I think for power paths a lumped format back-anno will be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back