Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me out with an automatic fan controller project

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebadtall

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello !
i came up with a great idea, as i was watching the usd/irr charts!
this idea is to make an automatic fan controller, wich consists of a lm317 :grin:
a 2k ntc connected to the heatsink and connected to adj of the ic and a 14v power supply.
for instance at 1892ohm with a 220 ohm adj out resistor it gives 12v out.

will it work? the ntc at normal temperature has 0 ohm? or it is 2k and when it heats reduces?

or i dont need ntc but something else?

also, i would like to use a bc547 or 557 since i got plenty, to turn on at a specific voltage , ie to turn on only between 8 and 9 volts , to warn about high temperature

thank you :-D

Re: automatic fan controller

A very simple circuit:
control.gif

More details here:
https://www.radiolocman.com/shem/schematics.html?di=47949

Re: automatic fan controller

PC Fan Speed Controller - For a Low-Noise PC
**broken link removed**

PC%2Bfan%2Bspeed%2Bcontroller%2B1w.gif

The thermistor has a rated value of 470 Ω. It sets the output voltage of the LM317T to approximately 7 V at 25 ºC. This should ensure reliable starting of the fan. If the temperature rises to roughly 40°C, the output voltage of the regulator reaches its maximum value and the fan runs at its maximum speed. The voltage drop across the regulator is at least 1.75 V for a motor current of (for example) 300mA, and in any case 2V at the maximum current level of 1 A.

thank you !that was my initial idea :) but i dont know about ntc, wich value should i choose?

For post #3 NTC 470R and for post #2 NTC 10K. I also try that circuit from post #2 before several years, and works nice.

Aha ! I have received the parts for MrRf's circuit. Except the ntc but I have plenty of dead psu's maybe will fit.maybe not.
Thank you for your info my friend

look at my pictures @ some pcb protoboards I make , and then tell me to make it smd!
haha! nice joke! however i wanted a couple of months ago to buy a hot air soldering tool

I think to make Fan control sonde small, to be in SMD, I didnt think on some other projects. :wink:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.