Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with my Mouse Connectivity (in USB Ports).

Status
Not open for further replies.

amisin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in a bit of problem, after few days of problem with my mouse connectivity in laptop (Compaq C765tu). All of a sudden all three of my ports stopped working for the mouse, or rather say USB ports.

Then I checked on internet for any possible solutions, one which I got was, remove power supply and connect your mouse, it worked that way, but for a temporary period only. Now anytime, I have to make my mouse work, I have to momentarily turn off the supply then it works for some time.
Does anyone have any idea about this problem, what's happening?
My touch pad has also gone awry, its cursor fumbles here and there, without even touching.
But at the same time, my Hard Drive and Dongle (Tata Photon+) are able to connect through them without any problem.

Are you sure it's not the mouse?

Yeah I am sure that it is not the mouse, as I have tried two new mouses, thinking that it is the mouse problem, also sometimes, my printer port also does problem while connecting (works in short periods only).

Do you have any idea now, what can be the problem?

To check for possible software problems, you can boot a CD/DVD based Linux OS.

also try to check whether your usb mouse or what ever it is , is compatible with the usb port version

some mouses are not supported by 1.0 ports

Sometimes USB ports wont work because of motherboard problem, It will become diffcult to know what and where is the fault!

to state the fact there is a mild probability of error in deduction due to dust accumulation also try to clean the board and try again

I do not understand the simple fact, how does it works correctly on removing the supply power?
Otherwise mouse is compatible with it that's why it works, whenever the power is not plugged in.

what do you mean exactly that you have to shut the system down and then plug your mouse then turn it on to make it work

what are you using a laptop or desktop

I mean, when I want to make the mouse work, I just take out the adapter for few seconds (from laptop) so it stays logged in, then the mouse works fine, and (as my battery doesn't give backup for even that long) I have to plug back the adapter, then mouse stops working.
Restarting the laptop, makes it work for a little longer (on power also), before stopping to work (2-3 min. later).

i think there is a mild short circuit from the op of the USB port and the earth of the power supply

the signal from the USB is an electronic pulse which is taking a least resistive path to the gnd rather to the required place better take your USB card clean it and put it on

since its a laptop do it if you know the complete ckt configuration otherwise take it to an authorised service outlet

Hi amisin ,
It can be caused by dust accumilating on the motherboard if you can clean it cleanit . next step is try loading the back up disk supplied with compaq, so that it can be restored to Factory default. Caution! back up your important files cd or dvd before doing so. After this also if it didnt work it is a mother board problem.
regards ani

Status
Not open for further replies.