Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capture raw data in COM port

Status
Not open for further replies.

joskem

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Bluetooth transmitting device and my PC (Windows 7) is connected to it and configured as if it was connected through a RS232 serial port (COM4). How can I capture the raw data transmitted by the Bluetooth device, or, equivalently, the raw data received in COM4?

I have a Bluetooth transmitting device and my PC (Windows 7) is connected to it and configured as if it was connected through a RS232 serial port (COM4). How can I capture the raw data transmitted by the Bluetooth device, or, equivalently, the raw data received in COM4?

you can write a code using win api and read it.
or test it with hyperterminal(get hyperterminal as win7 may not have it). configure com4 port and check the characters recd.

I think the problem here is that some application will already be using the COM port to use the bluetooth device (i.e. it the terminal software will not open it, because it is already open). I think joskem is asking how to "sniff" the data, without interacting with it. I'm not sure how to do that : (
EDIT: I noticed this URL but it's unclear if there was any decent solution that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back