Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gsm sim 300 module and arduino UNO interfacing and problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepu1994

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Bro's nd Sis's >>>
Im a newbiee>>>>
Sorry to post this topic.. but none of the threads meet my requirements and solved my problems:?:

Here is my problem>>>
I have an local gsm sim 300 module with max 232 ic and serial port and some kind of lan port ......
i found rx1 and tx1 (but dont know exactly the use of it) and used as the rx and tx for my microcontroller board when i execute a test program that to print all the thing that my gsm wants to say like +SIND: 1 ,....blah... blah,.....
but my serial monitor says something of some un understandable characters such as "dþdþ&þdÿdÿdþ<ñääääääääääääpþääääääääpþ<ñÿ"

Here r my photos 2012-08-17 21.17.08.jpg2012-08-17 21.08.57.jpgView attachment New Bitmap Image (2).bmpNew Bitmap Image (2).jpg and my code is
Code:
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>  //Include the NewSoftSerial library to send serial commands to the cellular module.

#include <string.h>         //Used for string manipulations

char incoming_char=0;      //Will hold the incoming character from the Serial Port.
SoftwareSerial cell(2,3);  //Create a 'fake' serial port. Pin 2 is the Rx pin, pin 3 is the Tx pin.

void setup()

{

//Initialize serial ports for communication.

Serial.begin(9600);

cell.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Starting SM5100B Communication...");

}

void loop()

{

//If a character comes in from the cellular module...

if(cell.available()>0)

{

incoming_char=cell.read();    //Get the character from the cellular serial port.

Serial.print(incoming_char);  //Print the incoming character to the terminal.

}

//If a character is coming from the terminal to the Arduino...

if(Serial.available()>0)

{

incoming_char=Serial.read();  //Get the character coming from the terminal

cell.print(incoming_char);    //Send the character to the cellular module.

}

}
....Pls help me to get the correct ascii values pls...pls... thanks for those kindhearted replies in advance:-?:p:p:p:p:p:razz::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:

1st connect micro controller and level converter(max232) and check whether you can transmit and receive string or some characters.. if its ok, then connect modem board and level converter. and check in hyper. then if you can send at commands and see reply for that, the that part is also ok. then you can combine both (controller and modem)

'm trying to interface SIM 300 GSM module with arduino , What i tried is that I just bought ... RS232 RoboArm Interface; Problem with the Polar Heart Rate Monitor ... Using Arduino UNO as Serial Host; Interface SIM900 module.

thanks for saring.

**broken link removed**

Hi deepu & davidmarsh

Interfacing GSM modem with arduino: First test Arduino serial program ,whether it transmitting data are not.directly u can check in arduino IDE itself. if in a case it receiving data,then connect TTL to RS232 converter using Max232 and check in hyper terminal,are x-ctu. second thing :Test the GSM modem. is it working are not. check with AT commands and then interface arduin+ Max232 and GSM (SIM300) module with cross connection.

- - - Updated - - -

While communicating sim900 module with arduino serial communication,please set proper burd rate in arduino serial program

hi frnds>> all my problems are gone>>>
got the idea>>>
i connected the rx and tx pin on sim300 ic itself and looped it out.....
along with the gnd pin..now i can send and receive the atcommands with ease......
but can you people expalin me the concept of controlling things using sms...
i cannot get any idea of doing that as the replie of the gsm module includes non alphabets such as " ", /, numbers"
how to calibrate only the sms text to perform some operations according to the text!!!! help me guyz...

Hey guyz i'm i'm going to blow it out (Gsm Module)>>>>
its making a me a bit more tenst then the old problem i ve faced.>>>>
The problem is i get the quote such as"call ready"a and "ring" and "message indications"....but i cannot transmit any commands to the module via arduino uno....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back