Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error message! pls help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackle

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss error message help

I got a error message when run my HFSS project:

[error] Adaptive solution setup, process abc3d : There are no tetrahedral faces assigned to boundary "Current1". Since boundary operations are order dependent, please check to make certain that this boundary is not being ignored because of other operations on the same surface. It is recommended that you redefine the boundary in question.

I have defined a Polyline/straight line as a current excitation.

I wanna HOW to define a current line source in HFSS,? :cry:

thanks in advance!

no tetrahedra faces assign to boundary and hfss

You wrongly defined your source
to define a source/boundary in HFSS you
must select a surface and assign the source/boundary

You possibly defined current on a surface that is covered by another
boundary condition,
and this cause the problem

Rugbyfun

hfss non model object

it seems a cylinder conductor can be used as a current line source, while polyline will need to error as above-metioned. but my original question is HOW to define a point soure, I don't have any ideas to mimic a point source in HFSS.
REGARDS!

current excitation hfss

What are you modeling in HFSS ?
Please give more details.

non-model object hfss

my question is how to define either a point source or a current line source as the excitation in HFSS?

it is hard for me to describe my HFSS modle clear in English .
ThX!

point source in hfss

Hi: I'm wondering if you ever succeeded in defining a current source in HFSS. I'm currently learning to use HFSS, and obtain "boundaries may not be assigned on non-model objects or faces". Can you explain this, or in general, what do you need to do to define a current or voltage source?

My application is designing various microwave plasma generators. The entire system is enclosed withing a perfectly conducting enclosure, in which I would like to place some kind of antenna (e.g. monopoles, current loops, etc.), and then calculate the field pattern within the enclosure.

port may not be assigned non-model object hfss

i think the error you are getting is because you are not selecting an object or face in which to place the port.
Also, is the line you are drawing zero in length?

hfss communication error

A rectangular can be used a face for a source I think,I tried to put a voltage source too,there were no error in validataion check but,I could't anayze.My circuit was only a one turn helix and at the end point of this helix there was a voltage source.It gives communication error in simulating.I don't know what should I do.Could you kindly help me?

current.fac hfss

you should use a lumped port rather than a voltage source.
and also, how many sources are there on your structure?

There are one source from the beginning point of the helix to the end of the helix,ı tried to make a toroid,and want to give a source to it,and analyze the impedance
I couldn't analyze with lumped port :(

I couldn't upload the image here :( If you can give me a mail adress,I will sent you

Status
Not open for further replies.