Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium: Deleting bits of tracks without deleting the whole net?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

When i wish to unroute a particular part of a track, i find that i am not able to do so..................i find that TOOLS>UNROUTE, or the delete button deletes the entire net, which i dont want.

I am constantly finding that i have to go back and start all over again when all i wanted to do was delete the last little bit of a track.......

You should just be able to click on the tack you need to delete and just hit the delete key this will not delete the whole track only the part the you require if the track is a long striaght thie will get deleted but not the whole net.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
are you sure its ok to hit delete in altium for tracks.......... i know in cadstar if you delete a track in the pcb window, the schem and pcb become de-synchronized......and its a nightmare.

Yeah I'm sure it's ok Altium does not back track, Your not deleting nets/names only tracks, Another quick tip while your laying down the tracks and you find that you can't route it or need to back track just hit the backspace key while in track mode this goes straight back where you last clikced to lay your track useful if you make mistake

wizpic

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back