Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensors to cover 40x40 room human movements during night time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanraj_kmr

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I would like to build a device to install in my room to find out whoelse is coming in without my knowledge.

That unknown person entry may be from door or window or drill a hole in my wall or anything you can imagine at anytime either day or night.

My idea is I will activate the system when i move out and start my servilance system. If anyone enters i get some msgs to alart me.

I need some input from you all.

1. what sensor can cover 40x40 room? (I can install as many as it requires to cover full area.)
2. sensors behaviour same during all time?
3. Laser sensors like movie? if can, is it feasible in real time with less cost?

Regards,
Dhanaraj.S

I think you can use a few Infrared Motion Sensor

pir.jpg

Technical parameters:
Code:
1. Operating voltage: DC5V to 20V
2. Static power consumption: 65 microamps
3. level output: high-3.3V, low-0V
4. Delay Time: adjustable (0.3 seconds to 18 seconds)
5. embargo time: 0.2 seconds
6. Trigger: L can not be repeated, H can be repeated, the default value of H
7. sensing range: less than 120 degrees angle, 7 meters
8. Operating temperature: -15 ~ +70 degrees
9.PCB Dimensions: 32 * 24mm, the screw hole distance 28mm, screw diameter 2mm, sensor lens size: (diameter): 23mm

You can find them in ebay and many eshops

Alex

By positioning the sensors at the corners of the room will give you maximum coverage.

You might need more than 5 sensors for 40x40 room.

Hi,

The module photo and parameters of Alex's post are called "Pyroelectric or Passive InfraRed sensors" (PIR sensors). They have digital output if there is a moving human (or animal that has hot blood) within the sensing range. Modules like in the photo are said to have 7m sensing range; but actually it is very low. Experimenting with them will give you better understand on sensing space, then you can decide how many do you want; and how to locate them in the room.

Dinesh

Dear All,
Thanks for all your reply.
Is this in meters, feet...?
It's feet.

I wish to place only in 4 corners of my room. So i feel misplacement or damage can be minimized.
I also dont want any false alarm because of small pests or Some Lizard trigger it.

Additional to this, is there any vibration detection sensor will match if someone drills my wall and come inside?

Regards,
Dhanaraj.S

Status
Not open for further replies.