Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium designer annotaion problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

markbng

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Altium designer annotation problems

Hi,

I am very happy with Altium designer, but with the old Altium DXP I didn't have any problems with annotating the schematic(s). Since Altium designer I have a problem with the Tools->Annotate Schematics option. I want to group the components with the same value and footprint, So C1 is 100NF and C2 is 100NF until there is no capacitor of 100NF with the same footprint left. I start annotation on left top position and end in the right bottom corner. Altium disregards all matching criteria and just start annotation like this: C1 100NF, C2 18pF, C3 18pf, C4 100NF, etc. C3 is only grouped by accident, because these components where next to each other. Why does the group annotation not work for me? Now I am annotating the whole schematic myself and that’s alright for a small schematic, but I hate to re-annotate a multi sheet project where I just changed or added a small piece of the schematic. What can be the problem? If I design a schematic with much of the same components, I normally use the shift-key and drag a component to another place. Is this probably the source of the problem? All components seem to have Unique IDs.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Mark

Ps. With the PCB library I have a problem with the step models. When I link an external step file to my component, the 3D drawing disappears to the left bottom of the drawing. This is very annoying. I have to zoom out of the component and zoom in to the left bottom and then drag the step drawing to the origin (component center). How can I easily relocate this step model?

Last edited:

you can read more about annotation on the Altium wiki page... **broken link removed**

i hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back