Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coplanar wave guide design in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

taimoors

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed microstrip antenna for UWB applications but its radiation pattern is not giving the correct results.
In this schematic, Square Slot microstrip antenna is fed by CPW, All the dimensions are checked, however i thought there may be some error in designing CPW. so kindly help me...

Attachments

• CPW.png
    CPW.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 147

CPW is very hard to setup in HFSS I would recommend going in using a coax or microstrip and transitioning.

However, it looks like you don't have a large enough airbox around your system to show the correct radiation pattern. you need a minimum of 1/4 wavelength at your lowest frequency from the edge of your antenna in all directions. I usually do 1/2 wavelength or more. Also make sure your radiation boundary conditions are set up correctly.

Let me know more about what you have set up and I'll try to help you out.

I am trying to implement a design of paper in which Circular polarized square slot antenna has been fed by CPW.
I have attached the hfss file as well as actual radiation pattern of the antenna.

The measured results are very different from actual resutls, there is no pattern from -90 to -180 and 90 to 180.
As far as radiation box is concerned, am working on 6 GHz, i change the radiation box dimensions but no significant change.

HFSS file in not attaching, so i could send you.

Thanks

Attachments

• antenna.png
    antenna.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 130
  • radiation patterns.png
    radiation patterns.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 1.png
    1.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 111

Status