Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power line communication using fsk

Status
Not open for further replies.

zia

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all i want to do powerline communication using fsk. kindly guide me with tested circuit

microchip x10 protocol.
**broken link removed**

Reactions: zia

zia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Buy an FSK generator chip say 433 Mhz , couple the output of the FSK generator to a DC line say 12V , using a coupling capacitor , you will receive the signal at the other end of the line perfectly . This is a DC power line , I don't know whether you are using AC or DC power line .Since the frequency is high you don't need a powerline modem for this .

Hello Zia ,

If you are using 220V AC you can use any power line modem from Maxim , microchip ,TI , Ethran etc .But most of these are expensive and requires propitiatory transformers for coupling and needs propitiatory analog front ends . I have found a link that supplies power line modems for a few thousand INR you can check this website .

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Pavan

zia

ASK Modem

Power Line Modem Circuit for Home Automation Application
http://freecircuitdiagram.com/2008/11/16/power-line-modem-circuit-for-home-automation-application/

power-line-modem-circuit.gif

FSK Modem

LM1893 Powerline Modem
http://freecircuitdiagram.com/2010/09/29/lm1893-powerline-modem/

LM1893-Powerline-Modem.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Additional material :

AFSK to FSK Conversion

**broken link removed**

TTL to FSK Conversion

**broken link removed**

zia

pavan where can i get from pakistan or any method of getting from india? is it fsk?

pavan where can i get from pakistan or any method of getting from india? is it fsk?

Hi Zia ,

You contact them regarding the details , and the ordering information , I think they will ship .

Regards,
pavan

Hi Zia ,

I had contacted sunrom technologies they say its FSK based .Please contact them for ordering and shipment .All the best

Regards,
Pavan

but it is too much expensive for me after including shipment charges for 2 pieces plz give me other solution

I think this is the cheapest possible solution if you wanna go for readily available modules .Or else you will have to construct your own modem using standard chips .Give me some time I will try to help you .

Regards

bgpavan i m very confused while interfacing plm1 modem with pic as it has interfacing code with avr but i m confused whr is problem on h/w bcz its not working

Hi zia,

If you are looking for a simple to implement PLC solution you can check Yamar's SIG60 devices, it is a PSK solution capable to transfer data at upto 115.2Kbps.
See https://www.yamar.com

(proper disclosure - I'm currently, work at Yamar)

Hi zia,

If you are looking for a simple to implement PLC solution you can check Yamar's SIG60 devices, it is a PSK solution capable to transfer data at upto 115.2Kbps.
See https://www.yamar.com

(proper disclosure - I'm currently, work at Yamar)

This can work over mains power lines or is just over DC power line ?

I think that he mean on AC power lines.

With a proper isolation this can work also on the main power. Maybe an additional amplifier will be required but it works on AC or DC at various voltages.

Manufacturer says that is designed for DC power bus lines, but if you have some modification of products tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back