Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM(SIM 300) with pic 16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

BALAJI RAMASAMY

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need an help,that how to interface GSM(sim 300), with pic 16f877a.I have source code but i need an idea in hardware part.

Hi
I need an help,that how to interface GSM(sim 300), with pic 16f877a.I have source code but i need an idea in hardware part.

you can connect GSM modem with pic16f877 by using serial communication (rs-232) protocol.

you need to convert TTL to pc-level voltage for that purpose you need max-232 level conversion Ic.

Db-9 can b use as connector on both side.

main componet

1- pic16f877.
2-max-232 voltage level conversion.(see data sheet for max-232 basic working circuit)
3-db-9connector

the tx pin of the controller input to max-232 and then its output will go to the rx pin of the gsm modem using db-9 connector.

similarly the rx pin of the controller will connect to the tx of gsm modem via Max 232 using db-9 connector.

db-9 pin 5 is gound.
db-9 pin 2 is recieve.
db-9 pin 3 is transimit.
see data sheet of db-9

thankx
arbabar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back