Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan_05

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I want the cicut diagrame to convert usb 1.1 to usb 2.0 if any one could have this plz reply the post

What to do with speed difference ?

Try to insert PCI USB 2.0 card to desktop PC or for notebook/laptop use PCMCIA USB 2.0 cards.

You can add a 1.5K pull up resistor to the D+ line to the 3.3V instead of the pull up resistor on the D- line, to indicate that the device is a USB2 device, however this does not mean that it will work at USB2 speeds. Interestingly some unscrupulous Chinese trades did this mod to convert USB1 devices to USB2 devices to sell at a higher price, but in most cases this proved to be very unreliable.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/258612/

Edit: You will also need to change the firmware on the USB device to make it run at the higher speeds, and although you may find the manufacturers reprogramming utility on the web the device may not work or work unreliably.

Last edited:

The question seems to involve a misunderstanding of the USB standard.

USB1.1 defines low speed (1.5 MBPS) and full speed (12 MBPS) device operation. USB 2.0 adds high speed (480 MBPS) operation. But at USB 2.0 does not necessarily imply high speed or full speed devices. It's a matter of the interface hardware capabilities and can't be "converted". For a host or hub, USB 2.0 implies high speed, but there's neither a way to convert a 1.1 to a 2.0 host or hub controller.

Last edited:

thanks for all the replies they were really helpfull the problem is u can provide extra ampare to +5v but what about the speed is there any circut besided PCVI or pcmcia card to make simple adjustment to converet 1.1 usb to usb 2.0

thanks for all the replies they were really helpfull the problem is u can provide extra ampare to +5v but what about the speed is there any circut besided PCVI or pcmcia card to make simple adjustment to converet 1.1 usb to usb 2.0

My friend, USB is considered for current up to 0,5A but you can use external power supply of 5V for USB hosts, like small external hard disk which need lots of power.

circuit-diagram.jpg

If you dont whant to use PCI and PCMCIA for USB 2.0 then is time to by new PC or change motherboard with some newer. Other way dont exist, based on my knowledge about that.

You can buy multiport USB 2.0 Hub and put in USB 1.1 port on PC, you will still get problem with lots of USB devices. I dont whant to mention speed differences its obvious. Lots of devices need USB 2.0 and cant work on USB 1.1

My friend its simple from granny you cant make beauty. :wink:

Last edited:

You can buy usb 2.0 connector.

USB 1.1 and 2.0 connectors are the same, USB 3.0 connector is little stronger because higher current support.

USB 2.0
**broken link removed**

USB 3.0 A
**broken link removed**

USB 3.0 B
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.