Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with strong return loss in LTCC DC block capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

somf0872

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
LTCC DC block capacitor

Hello,

I am designing DC block capacitor in LTCC that can able to surpass till 50 GHz. But the problem is strong return loss at the frequencies greater than 10 GHz. I am trying to accomplish this with Interdigital capacitor technique. Does anybody have idea regarding to eliminate this problem?

--->CÄP<---

Re: LTCC DC block capacitor

MIM capacitor can work. Tune the capacitor dimensions. If the capacitor is too large in dimensions then its resonants.

Re: LTCC DC block capacitor

I guess I didn't got u perfectly!

Interdigital capacitor uses the same strategy of having Metal-LTCC Tape(Dupont 943)-Metal but it is in Multilayer(benefits of LTCC) to reduce the total covered area of metallic plate on a single tape.

Reducing the dimesion of metallic strip improves S21 but at the cost of S11 i.e. great return loss (not a perfect DC blocking element).

--->CÄP<---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back