Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to assemble a 10.8mm pitch, 24pin ic on 7.62mm pitch footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamsi115

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to assemble a 10.8mm pitch, 24pin DIP IC on 7.62mm pitch footprint

Hi all,

I did a very serious mistake in layout while choosing the correct footprint. For a 24 pin DIP IC i gave 7.62 as x-axis pitch. Now the boards are out and needed to be assembled. Ic should be mounted on a socket any suggestions PLZ...

Thanks,
Vamsi

Last edited:

Hi,

You can tell your assembly house that which IC's has to be mounted on socket by making mark on hardcopy of placement diagram(assembly diagram).

As per i know footprint for socket and IC are same.

Hi,

You can tell your assembly house that which IC's has to be mounted on socket by making mark on hardcopy of placement diagram(assembly diagram).

As per i know footprint for socket and IC are same.

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the reply!!
The problem here is the minimum pitch of the IC which i have to use is 10.8mm but on the board it is 7.62mm socket which i used making it impossible to mount the IC on socket.

Vamsi

you can bend the pins of the IC under it

- - - Updated - - -

you can bend the pins of the IC under it

- - - Updated - - -

you can bend the pins of the IC under it and solder it as SMD Component

The only other simple way is to make a 10.8mm pitch to 7.62mm pitch mini PCB, Place your IC socket then solder it to the main PCB via pins like header type, You should be able to make these at home or would cost pennies to have made, That way you can use up the PCB'S what you've had made then correct the mistake for the next batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back