Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program AT89s52 for first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunlabs

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi frnz,

I am trying to program at89s52 using just the TXD RXD pins of MCU and serial to usb converter. I've given it a lot of tries but it doesn't work. Am I doing it right or have i just interfaced it for serial communication. and whts the use of ISP ( sorry i am totally new to this stuff).

Can anyone help me with some schematic for programming the mcu. And is there a need for 2 mcu to program one of it. Whats a preprogrammed mcu ?

Thanks in advance.

One of the simplest methods is to utilize the PC Parallel Port and a 74HCT541, a few resistors and a couple of capacitors.

The above ISP Programmer also works with many Atmel AVR's, which would allow you to program and build an USBasp, which is a widely supported USB based ISP Programmer:

USBasp - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers

The USBasp can be used to program not only Atmel AVR, but ATMEL AT89S series of 8051s.

BigDog

I dont have a parallel port on my PC and if i need to program it serially i dont have a preprogrammed master uc .
How should i burn the hex file in the master for first time . Is parallel port the only way ....
I am using this schematic and all this time i've been doing this without the firmware master.( dumb on my part)

Plz do reply.....

A friend in need is a friend in deed.
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
A true friend is one who helps you when you are in need.
Use some friend's computer for once which has this port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back