Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can a electret mic damage an LM386?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obrien135

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If an electret mic supplied with 13.8VDC is connected to an LM386 (through a coupling cap) can it damage the input of the LM386?

George

Dear George
Hi
Of course not ! why you thought it ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

I don't know, something has damaged three of them. I guess I'm clutching at straws.

Thanks,

George

Can you show me your circuit , please ? ( i want see the exact circuit that you built . and of course your micophone too )
Best Luck
Goldsmith

Didn't you use the RC network in your out put ? ( a series RC network in parallel with out put ? it is important and the speaker can be cause of this damage ) .
did you test the circuit without microphone ? however i'm pretty sure that it is impossible that the microphone be cause of this damage !

Goldsmith, I was unable to replay for some rreason, but I added in the filter. It is OK now so far. Thanks.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back