Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which printer is best for toner transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjadkhan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an old printer laserjet 1200 series by hp and i use it for toner transfer only. its 600dpi. problem is if i lay a pcb track of width more that 50th then it starts missing few tiny like dots and same happens when i have to cover unused area with copper. after preparing the pcb if i look it against the light then i see tinny areas and some bigger areas where light can pass through easily and it dosent look good. do i need higher dpi or a denser toner printer? what printer do you guys recommend?

Dear Friend I think samsung 1200dpi Laser printer is toooooooo good for pcb make why because I am using that & transfar paper is VMS Professional colour Inkjet paper(5760dpi) I am getting the pcb very clear :smile:

I think the best laser jet for efficient and reliable transfer is the hp1018. It is serving me well even when i increase the power tracks to about 120 it is still clear.

I have heard (may be its a rumor) that new laser jet printers are using new technology in which toner cant be stick to the pcb, any info?

I have heard (may be its a rumor) that new laser jet printers are using new technology in which toner cant be stick to the pcb, any info?
Its true. It is to save toner for economical reasons. So old printers are good for pcb making. Other important is toner ink and also the transfer medium. HP model 5L, 6L with original HP toner gives very good results. I've tried HP 1100, 1200 and some other latest model but the result is poorer even not usable.

Other important is toner ink and also the transfer medium.

I have good transfer medium. What is your experience in using orignal toner and refilled one?

have you ever tried UV method? it seems on internet that it is good for making 2 sided pcbs but its very very hard with printer so no one bothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Friend I think samsung 1200dpi Laser printer is toooooooo good for pcb make why because I am using that & transfar paper is VMS Professional colour Inkjet paper(5760dpi) I am getting the pcb very clear :smile:

i would like you to share your pcb picture with us, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back