Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

burning matlab code in a 8051 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear what are you saying ?
MATLAB is a gaint and 8051 is like a mouse.
you can implement algorithms in 8051 but with some constraints.
would you like to share the code that you want to convert in 8051's code

sir ,, i am still planning to do so ............. it's ieee 2009 paper ....a real time denoising chip..........

give complete reference and let me check it
its really amazing.
you can multiply,divide or some small algo, but a generalized programme conversion ....
let see

In my view you should specify the 8051 controller part number here ....as 8051 is family of micro-controller but in this family there are some high end micro-controller also comes like silicon lab people also called as C8051F020 ....so better to specify....the point that shabaz mentioned is really valid .... 8051 is very low end as compare to the PC computational application like matlab...

Good Luck

actually ... you are 100% right ....... but sir i have a doubt regarding this that is .......... the code can be converted into c code ... i saw it somewhere ........ and then u can easily burn it into the rom .... may be through external rom ... if code is too big........

ok so the idea here is to extend the RAM with additional external RAM memory component .... but remember once you start using external ram the execution time also increases means system become much slower.... I had never did this before for 8051 but...I had seen it in ARM7 as well as Softcore Xilinx processor Micro Blaze....I think you probably need an address latch enable chip too with external ram....I think then the algorithm ( not very complex) should work...

Good Luck

The idea to run MATLAB seems to be quite purposeless, due to the fact that 51 core have an 8-bit ALU.
It could be reasonable to do with a float-point DSP based uC.

However, once MATLAB is an interpretative language, a short command set could be implemented.
I can´t see some relevant techical limitation to do that.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back