Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adc 0809 c code for temperature sensor having 10 mv output

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaus9952083382

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adc 0809 c code for temperature sensor having 10 mv output

Thank you milind .......... But i am not able to get much help from available links.......... Can u please suggest some links from where i can have a clear understanding

In the link I said there are two links in it... If you can explore....

refer this...

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Good Luck

thank you sir..... i came accross those codes and links ...... also read mazidi but i am confused abt the conversion part ..... for converting the data coming from the sensor to a sutaible form..... different algorithms are used ........ actually i want to ask that what is the format of data coming from sensor and that going to controller .......... please help me with this problem............... i will be very very thankful to you.............. if there is a easier c code which i can understand ......... please.......

Hi Kaus...

ADC give you the data in the parallel form and in the form of byte(8bit) now based on the connection with port pins that you chose it's LSB or MSB will be set....you can store this data in the Char data type and then use....Now there will be some steps before you connect your sensor...so What I am suggesting you the think about the following actions-

1) First of all make all the proper connection from ADC to your micro controller with reference that you want .... as I know the ADC0808 can work on wide range of reference voltage
2) Then write the code for selecting the particular input analog pin as I know 0809 has 8 input analog pins...
3) then connect the pot center terminal with one end pin to reference voltage and to the GND thus you can variable voltage on the center pin
4) then set the voltage and read the respective reading from serial port or on LCD to test your interface is working properly
5) then only you need to connect your sensor ....

Good LucK

very much thank you sir , this will really help me as i will start for first time with adc......... the data that is coming from sensor is analog then this will require some sort of signal conditioning .... then the value is to be converted from analog to digital .... but i am confused with the conversion code.......... when i read the documents i find that they are converting it to binary and then ascii ...... actually ... i am very much confused with that ...... i have read the basics of adc0809 from mazidi and the links which you send to me................ please help me out......

ok see look this ADC is very simple it is I think SAR type ....meaning successive approximation type.....and interface is also very simple....it need the chip address select pin to select the appropriate input analog pin and it is done by the way the multiplexer is working ....it also have start and clock pins ....now I think the how the interface work and what are the step that one need to follow to make A to D conversion is given in Datasheet I mean the sequence of operation...refer that you will get your answer...

Good Luck

ok sir i got it.............. actually i tried and was able to understand selecting channel of adc, reference voltage and clock............. now when we obtain a voltage from a sensor to analog input of adc ..... how to convert it to degree centigrade or farenheit.........(actually i want to ask depending on the resolution of adc we find the minimum threshold level detected by adc.....now when we obtain a detectable level......... we cannot display in lcd directly........ as ASCII format is required....... please help me with conversion steps.... taking any temperature sensor having an analog out....)

hi! milind !i am beginer with adc.....Can you tell me actually what is happening when we use adc?? what phenomena?

Dear Kaus! what did u understand about adc? can u give me some simle code for adc so from where i may clear my concepts....i read alot from internet,,,,but nothing works out.............i m using Pic18f4525 adc.....how i take input an how to read it? how to store it? how to use digital output.? why clock is used ? i have alot of questions.....

the book Microcontroller by mazidi has all the details u require it will really help you... i found it quite useful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back