Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

producing electricity from plant leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaus9952083382

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to generate few volts from leaves of any tree using electrodes

Is there any kind of electrical structure inside the tree that generates a voltage differential between the roots and the branches? I've never heard of one.

I have seen a few mV differential between my left hand holding one lead, and my right hand holding the other lead. I cannot account for this, unless it might be static charge, but that isn't satisfactory either.

There are reports of electrical signals observed coming from a probe (or probes) attached to plants.

If the electrodes are of dissimilar metals, then there may be some current generated. The method is similar to the 'potato powered clock' available as a commercial kit.

I believe a tree could pick up magnetic 60 cycle hum in nearby power lines. This would show up on an oscilloscope.

There are believable reports of getting power (in small amounts) by hanging a wire a few stories aboveground. If you were to test a tree, you would need to insulate the probes, in order to know it wasn't due to electricity from the air.

Thank you so much ..... U do have sound knowledge .... But actually i wanted to ask is that is it possible to measure some amount of voltage from tree leaves that had been plucked from tree............ Actually i am thinking this might happen due to the chemical constituents of leaf which will generate electricity

Wow its really great .......I am so surprised that some volts can produced from leaves.
Really great thinking .

Last edited:

Actually i am thinking this might happen due to the chemical constituents of leaf which will generate electricity
@kaus9952083382:http://www.squidoo.com/plantselectricity
The above link throws some light on producing electricity from plants,if possible based on chemical processes.
In the above link,the video explains it in a much better way than text what researchers around the world are doing & how energy can be harvested by connecting an anode in soil to collect electrons obtained by decomposition of C6H12O6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back