Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

double volt-ampermeter with pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you send me the proteus isis schematic for your circuit, I will try to code for it. You have to mention what functions it has. zip and upload the .dsn file.

Here is 2 voltmeter. i will try to do 1 voltmeter and 1 ammeter. Can you draw the circuit in proteus for me. I will try to code.

Attachments

• vlad.rar
    16.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ss5.jpg
    ss5.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 122

Man, but you have proteus? Loook this is schematic. I don`t have Proteus, only altium designer
Look here:
98_1344163898.jpg

How can both sides of 0.47Ohm is connected to gnd? where is the o/p that goes to adc for current measurement? explain clearly In my version, it displays 70V as 70.00001, so only I and V can be displayed at once. so you have to use a button to scroll to next screen to view power and rload. give me the formula to calculate rload.

Check this

Attachments

• vlad1.rar
    17.1 KB · Views: 90
  • ss6.jpg
    ss6.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ss7.jpg
    ss7.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

0.47Ohm is conected series with load. Look here is entire project:
https://electronics-diy.com/70v_pic_voltmeter_amperemeter.php

Now is all clear?

- - - Updated - - -

The formula is U=R*I so R will be R= U/I is good?

- - - Updated - - -

Man I use a LCD 2x 16 chars so i can display 4 values(U, I, P, R) simultanely no?

Check my previous post. I am not able to round off values like 65.34567 to 65.4 so it takes "V = 65.234567" = 13 characters for each value. So, I cant display 2 values on each line. Ofcourse, you can display 4 values on lcd only if you have a way to round off the numbers to 2 digits after decimal. In mikroC there is no function to round off. Wait I will try another way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad.

Vlad.

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I have done something like this. Draw the circuit in proteus and zip and upload the proteus .dsn file. Only the power value has problem. It is displaying power/10 for power.

Attachments

• ss8.jpg
    ss8.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 100
  • ss9.png
    ss9.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad.

Vlad.

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is good, oke now i need to Draw that circuit or what? problem is i don`t have proteus.

Give me your email id. I will send the link for proteus.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a small problem. Power is displayed as power/10.

Attachments

• ss10.jpg
    ss10.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 89

So You didn`t solve the problem with digits... 66.46 can be displayed by 66.4? with one decimal? i understan that problem don`t work but another program?

I wrote some software to work on that volt/amp meter, To enter calibration mode press the button power up the meter release the enter button this then lets you calibrate voltage then press enter to go to amps calibration then press enter this goes back to reading the voltage/amps

see pic below, The software can be altered to siut but still playing around with the coding will see if I can watts to it and you can even make it a 4 channel volt/amp meter. One thing I would recommend is to use a Vref and may be an op-amp to buffer the siganl to help reduce noise.
volt1.JPG
volt2.JPG
volt3.JPG
volt4.JPG

Displaying 66.46 as 66.4 is not a problem. I am getting some wrong values if I vary the voltage and current. I am still checking it.

Attachments

• ss11.jpg
    ss11.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

I install now proteus. I don`t understand something, will i need to draw again the schematic, if you have proteus and you have draw this schematic to make code? i don`t know how to work with proteus

I verry good that, but you can change to display Values in Volts, ampers, watts and ohms(just replacind U,I,P,R)?

but you can change to display Values in Volts, ampers, watts and ohms(just replacind U,I,P,R)?... what do you mean by that?

Status
Not open for further replies.