Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with en signal of speed clockand enable signal with slow clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar-malek

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

i develop a system using VHDL language.
so i have to module one work with speed clock and generate signal enable for one cycle speed clock, this signal wired to other enable signal
that work with slow clock, so the problem the enable signal of second system (work with slow clock) haven't the sufficient time to activate a process with slow clock you can see the picture for more detail.

so any one give me an idea for this problem.

thank you in advance.
problem.PNG

We need more details on inputs and outputs, rates, jitter, latency or anything that can make it fail. (specs to avoid Murphy's Law)

Generally you need to provide 2 signal handshaking for a slower system to respond, like RTS/CTS.
If it is a synchronous system, then we need more details. But you may need a latch. Set = trigger Busy only if not busy then Reset when trigger is accepted and ready for next state.. In logic design, we prefer to use State diagrams and timing diagrams to show the requirements of the interface. See Finite State Machines (FSM or Mealey Moore design) Can you define the interface better in terms of function, so details can be realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back