Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect a relay in a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciphers07

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys i wanted to use a 5pin relay in my project. but i dont know how to connect those pins .. so i need ur help guys please help me out..
i want to connect those 5pins in such a way that it has to act as switch and another relay should act like inductor or like a coil. please reply me my email id is vinod.mgit@gmail.com.. please help me out...

please attach a schematic of your project, we are hard to get help if you do not attach a schematic of your project

Hi,
I think you wish to interface SPDT (Single pole Double Throw) Relay. It has two pins for coil, and 3 pins for N/O, N/C and common Pole. Better in addition to schematic, you may show the photo of relay in your hand. It would be easy to help.

hi guys i wanted to use a 5pin relay in my project. but i dont know how to connect those pins .. so i need ur help guys please help me out..
i want to connect those 5pins in such a way that it has to act as switch and another relay should act like inductor or like a coil. please reply me my email id is vinod.mgit@gmail.com.. please help me out...

Generally Relay contains 5pins or more than that also.in 5pins relay two pins are connected to winding inside of relay.remain 3 act as switch by default two pins are shorted (when relay off) u may check with multimeter also.when relay active the center and other terminal will short.to activate relay we apply supply to first two pins(winding pins). Generally relay operating voltage mentioned with label on the top of the relay.
for clear clarification better to post your circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.