Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to be a IC architect engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex king

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to be a IC architect engineer!
Who can tell me which books I must read?
what exprience I must have?

What is IC architect engineer? I guess you meant the one who decidethe architect of the chip. Mostly this job was done by a senior engineer who have a lot of experience in design. You have to be in a field long enough to lead other engineer in a project. I guess there are many books usefull but no book specific for what you are asking

Yes , I agree what above says.
And if it will be possible .
First , run the tutorials provided by front-end tools and backend tools times .
Second , run your own small case again from front to backend .

You will get some ideas and concept.

Then try to use bigger one. ..

I think you must know computer engineer and software design.

alex king said:
I want to be a IC architect engineer!
Who can tell me which books I must read?
what exprience I must have?

It seem that you a book how to be a governor or president. If you want to be a IC architect, be a good engineer first, know waht you are doing , follow the advice of your leader then you will become a leader later. You learn by your experience

I think solid and braod asic knowledge is necessary,
like you know well front end design and back end flow and analog,
as more as better
my dream..............

It seem that you a book how to be a governor or president. If you want to be a IC architect, be a good engineer first, know waht you are doing , follow the advice of your leader then you will become a leader later. You learn by your experience

I think a good book is the best start point. So I try to find a good book.

some book about architect of computer is useful

hawk_chenbo said:
I think you must know computer engineer and software design.
And electrical engineering is not a requirement to be an IC designer?

Computer and software engineers know extremetly very little in IC design domain unless they are electrical engineers also at the same time.

What is your IC architect engineer? Which piont ?
the IC includes almost all the electronis fiald,
u must fix in the serial pionts.

I agree. As a IC architect engineer, much more come from long time experience than firom theory knowledeg!!

As rightly told experience is an important criterion......any book you read for that matter will not give innards of ICs rather they will be only dealing with circuit analysis.......I would suggest you to go through white papers of TI and Analog devices by which you can undersrant the practical difficulties involved.............more importantly,be good at the theoretical aspects
Hope this helps!!

Regards
drdolittle

alex king ..

start with HDL design (VHDL or Verilog) .. go thru all phases of IC design .. from HDL simulation to synthesis .. try to read about HDL verification .. try to be closer to the EDA Tools .. learn about GDSII .. read more about Mentor , Synopsis and Cadence .. read everything about ICs here in elektroda .. even if u still can't interpret it ..

if ur still in collage .. go and meet a prof. there and ask him to guide u all the way ..

after a year .. u'll be , most probably , involved in the hardware design of ICs .. try then to go thru a project after another.. till u get graduated .. then struggle to find a job in the field .. and do a master in parallel ..

after 5 to 7 years from then .. u'll be able to say i'm a senior hardware designer .. and then u'll start ur way to be an architect ..

don't worry .. some others may stay for longer to be so ..

8O

For IC architecture engineer, practical experiments are more important. For IC architecture issues, most of them is optimization issues under some constrains such as power, price and performance. Only after you have much experiments on IC design, you will get idea about some design parameters for specific modules. I think some piror knowledge are required, welcome to add more!
1),Hdl based design experimences, especially in some IP cores.
2),computer architecture;
3),architecture simulation based on systemc or other modeling languages;
4),Some test knowledge;

Hi

If you want be IC architect engineer first you need gain the experince and leadership quality to manage a group of engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back