Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect micro controller to Internet via VB application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benikvarun

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
Thanks for the interest shown to the thread.

I m currently working on application that has to monitor temperature and humidity of a particular place and constantly report the same to the user
over internet. So far, I m using LPC1768 and its ethernet module collect the data, process it and send it to the router. On the other side, i have a computer which is connected to the same router and running a VB application where the data is mined and reported in a excel.

This setup works just fine. Now, i want to monitor the same data over internet. How can i do the same?
Here i was able to connect to the micro-controller using the IP 192.168.1.100 port 80. I m aware that the IP is a local one and to access the micro controller from Internet there is another way.
I have a IP based webcam which enables us to monitor from internet. How should i make micro-controller data be accessible from internet.(similar to IP Camera).

Kindly answer me on the same. I m willing to discuss more on the setup if required.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

It's 'single port forwarding' in Linksys terminology that you need to investigate.
Of course, if you are already using port 80 for your webcam, then it may not work...

Sky_123 is right.....

But My View is separate like following
1) setup a web server on a public IP
2) Prepare your web page using some sort of scripts
3) push the data from your micro controller to that web server, store it in some file
4) parse the data stored and display.

This way this is simple and Like A,B,C,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back