Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help. Li-Ion battery voltage monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzm_3392

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need a circuit or a cheap IC to monitor Li-Ion battery voltage(2.9~4.25V) continuously without additional power supply, and it would be best that its power consumption is less than 10mA. I think two methods, but there exits faulty.
1) A/D sampling. There is not precision reference, as no additional power supply.
2) Comparator. It can only complete segment montoring, but not continuous monitoring.
Can anyone give me some advices?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You do need a reference, but you can get low dropout ones (say) LT1461 2.5V version. Then you could use a resistive divider to (say) half your sample
imput voltage to 1.45v-2.125V, for the ADC or whatever you choose to use.
Maybe there are already pre-existing dedicated devices for Li-Ion (e.g. ICs which charge them, if that is what you are trying to do).

Thanks sky_123. It's a choice. For IC, e.g. BQ27010, it's too expensive only as voltage monitor.
Can anyone give me some suggestions about cheap ICs as voltage monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back