Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transceiver Design as per DVB-T Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kusprasad

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to design a Transceiver as per DVB-T Standard where the o/p power at the transmitter has to be 500mW in the band 2.0-2.4GHz.
Can you please suggest which company provide the processor/FPGA for (Encoder, Compressor, Modulator, DAC) in single chip plus up-converter.
Also I am not able to figure out the transistor for amplifier within my band with 500mW power output.

DVB-t is not is allowed to transmit in 2.4 GHz and it does not exist any single chip transceiver solutions for DVB.
**broken link removed** is the most flexible, almost single chip, RX receiver I know about.
**broken link removed** is a very common single chip receiver that can be found in USB dongles and similar simpler DVB-t receivers.
DVB-t TX is a very complex thing that requires I/Q modulation with low phase error. No single chip solution for streamer/coding/modulator exist as far as I know.
This is a simple modulator.
Output from a Teamcast box comes two modulated signals, I & Q, with a carrier decided by which type of data-stream you have selected, so you need to add a I/Q capable up-converter of your choice before any PA. As PA must be very phase linear do I not think a single transistor solution is the best type of PA.
The Teamcast box must be feed with something able to deliver a digital TS at correct bitrate. Most simple is to use a simple data buffer that can pick data from a TS-file.
Another possibility is to check at www.dvb.org as I have heard planes about a standard for micro DVB-s2/h repeaters, in size of a shoebox. Not a single chip solution but at least a single box. If you must use 2.4 GHz do I think it exist a Chinese digital TV standard in 2.6-2.7 GHz or something like that and very similar protocol as DVB-h. It is not so fare away in frequency, but doubt they have any single chip transceivers.

Last edited:

I wonder if you are still looking for such a solution.
The first DVB-T transmitter ASIC IC is now available. The code name is IT9500.
Basically, DVB-T is transmitted at RF below 1GH as you know.
However, you may change the local oscillator of the up converter(mixer) to 2.4G, so it can Tx at 2.4GHz.
With external power amplifier(PA) , it's easy to to boost the RF signal to 500mW (it's about 27dbm).
The only problem is that how can you receive 2.4 G DVB-T signal?

Impressed that it is possible to make a complete DVB-T transiver fit in a USB dongle.
Thanks for information.

Impressed that it is possible to make a complete DVB-T transiver fit in a USB dongle.
Thanks for information.

Hi
I HAVE DVB-Ttx MODULE,can custom made。if anyone have interesting,please email :szfpga@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back