Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab code for beam propagation with variable ,rectangular grid spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandyopadhyay

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to request somebody to help me in the following Matlab problem:

I want to propagate a converging optical beam down its focus. I have started with a 1024 x 1024 number of grid points across the beam ( an uniform circle of white colour inside a background square of black colour------the size of the square is 6.5 mm x 6.5 mm and the diameter of the circle is 4.5 mm). The circular beam will come to a focal spot of 50 micron diameter within a distance of 20 mm. What I want is to propagate the circular beam in a high resolution grid so that the tiny focal spot contains a large number (the most) of grid points and at the same time propagate the background on a coarse grid so that only a few grid points span them. The overall size of the grid will be unchanged ( the white focal spot will be in the middle of a black square of size 6.5 mm x 6.5 mm ). effectively, the grid spacing will go on decreasing as the circle will converge forward and at the same time the grid spacing for the outer background (square) will go on increasing.

I am not sure how to implement this in Matlab. can anybody help me,please.
Thanks.
regards,
sujit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back