Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeing code at top of forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberrat

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, when I log in I am seeing some code at the top of the forum.

I.E.
'); var sidebar_align = 'left'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //-->

It changes as the pages change.

I am using firefox.

Anyone else getting this?

Yes. I am using FireFox as well and have notice the spurious code across the top of the page.

I also noticed it when accessing my profile or Personal Message page.

'); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); } document.write(''); //-->

BigDog

No problems with Chrome. Just logged in with Firefox 11.0 and no problems either.

John

I have never seen anything like that, using firefox 10 in XP and firefox 11 in PClinux

Alex

I'm currently using my laptop with Vista64 as OS.

Upgrading from version 10 to version 12 seemed to eliminate the issue.

I would recommend doing the same.

BigDog

I've seen this too, with Iceweasel (=Debian Linux flavor of Mozilla Firefox) version 3.5.16. Sounds ancient but that's the current version in Debian stable, still regularly updated with security patches (current one was compiled 11th May '12).

Not sure if it's always, but also I've noticed it mostly happens when NOT logged in. When logged in, pages are usually OK. Maybe that should give a clue?

Find the code displayed
Code:
		var sidebar_align = 'left';
		var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
in the page source. I might be mistaken, but it looks like there's a </script> tag too many there? Which might cause a browser to display the text that follows as regular web page contents, rather than interpret it as part of a script. Which would also screw up the function of that script, btw.
Code:
...animation-min.js?v=4112">[COLOR="#FF0000"]</script>[/COLOR]');
So maybe the red marked tag should be removed? :?:

Just a guess - is it a fragment of HTML5 code? Not all browsers are up to speed on HTML5 yet so possibly some are seeing unrecognized code and dropping back to text. I don't see it here in Firefox 12.0.

Brian.

Hi,

I had seen this code at the top of my window: I am also using Firefox

'); var sidebar_align = 'left'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //-->

FIREFOX 10 in WINXP , no such problem !

HI,

I am using fire fox version 3.6.18. Mozilla fire fox for ubuntu canonical 1.0

Maybe they are students of computer history.:-D

Seriously, I've looked at the source of several pages on this board and I can't see any lines containing the code people have reported. Perhaps it's something being added by an advertiser rather than the forum software.

Brian.

The same here, Linux Mint 11 Katya, Firefox 12.
I will try find computer with Firefox 3.6.18, but I saw this code is inside all Vbulletin forums.

There is a download list with all old versions of firefox http://www.oldversion.com/Mozilla-Firefox.html
You can install it in a virtual machine if you want to do a test.

v3.6.18 is very old, I was using it until a year ago when I started getting warnings from a few sites that my version wasn't supported.
I use v10 and v11 now.

Alex

I experienced the described symptoms, upgraded to v12.0 on both my XP Rro and Vista64 boxes, this seem to take care of the current issues.

BigDog

OK I installed Wine + Firefox 3.5.2 portable and I see this code right now. This is strange because the same problem is with https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum.php

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Looks like this is a bug in old version of Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back