Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the diff. b/w the transimpedance as inverting and non inverting configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthickb3e

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,..

i saw most of the photo-diodes trans impedance amplifier using as inverting amplifier configuration ..is ti possible to build using non-inverting configuration?

which one is better.. what are the differences from both... suggest me..

First Of all, for negative feedback you need negative open loop gain. So, That is why we use inverting amplifier. If this negative sign is not desirable, use another voltage stage to achieve an overall positive gain (which you always need, because the gain of one stage TIA is not sufficient usually).

Reactions: kdg007

kdg007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi all,..

i saw most of the photo-diodes trans impedance amplifier using as inverting amplifier configuration ..is ti possible to build using non-inverting configuration?

which one is better.. what are the differences from both... suggest me..
Inverting transimpedance amps work very well because they effectively maintain constant voltage on the photodiode. This improves bandwidth by effectively removing the photodiode's capacitance from the circuit. So yes you could make a noninverting circuit by biasing the photodiode with a resistor or something, but it would be much slower than biasing with a transimpedance amplifier.

And I'm not really sure how you could build a transimpedance amplifier with noninverting gain. Never seen such a circuit.

Reactions: kdg007

kdg007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back