Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC shifting AC 0-150MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have very precise sine source 0-150MHz with 14bit DDS (driving from 0,5GHz clock) and several AD8021,
amplitude is 3mV - 3V (source is low noise, low distorsion and precise).
I need add DC level shifter 0-3V.
Can recomended tried circuit ?

The easiest way is to use a capacitor from your signal generator to the output, and use a potentiometer connected from ground to +5 VDC source to set the DC offset at the output (after the capacitor).
Capacitor value should be selected to pass the lowest frequency to the output; capacitive reactance should be < 1/10 of the source/load impedance.

If you must start from 0 Hz, then use a fast operational amplifier instead of the capacitor, and feed the DC offset voltage to the other opamp input.

You tell, that the design already involves wide band amplifiers (AD8021). I can't imagine a DC shift problem in this case. It's just about designing an appropriate OP circuit, basically an adder.

Status
Not open for further replies.