Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12VDC / 220VAC 100Watt inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI. Thanks for the reply. Do you know of such a circuit?

Reactions: Farazz

Farazz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Are you talking about Single phase or 3phase inverters?

Yes just regular house service. I think that's what you are calling 2 phase.
I just want the inverter to run, for example a standard water heater for a home.

if you can give me the best type of transformer which i can used to my home project. u know its always power off or brown out here at out place

srikanth_alur,

you no need a tapped transformer for that, an 12v-0v-12v to 230v transformer will do the job. check the transformer ratings, colis used and core used it will effect the output.

my first 100W inveretr i used 12-0-12v to 230v transformer with out any PWM and give good result above 200v @100W load
please check your transformer,battery connector,s , and power cables

please post your circuit

Kabiru,
Can you post the cct you talked about? I'm interested in the feedback circuit section of the inverter

Ok richmon, i will post the circute diagram,

Hi, you can try this cos i lay my hand on it and it works fine.

Hello,

When you really want sine wave output, you first have to build a 12V to 350..400V isolated converter. This high voltage feeds a full bridge (H-bridge) stage that is PWM modulated with above 20kHz.

A simple LC filter (with small ferrite core) removes the above 20 kHz switching frequency.

This H-bridge approach also can handle inductive loads as the inductive kick is fed back to the DC bus voltage. From a practical point of view, forget filtering a square wave output to get a sine wave output.

Depending on the availability of components, you may consider IGBT's for the H-bridge (check whether there is freewheel diode in it, if not you need 4 fast recovery diodes also).

Thank's for the reply wimRFP,
you saying PWM modulated
above 20khz,thats mean in each
10ms of the half period their
will be 200 pulses am i right?

Hi,
The 20khz ( 20,000Hz ) is required to generate your battery boost from 12v dc to 350 - 400v dc bus. This reduces stress on your Fets or Igbts as the case may be.

Added after 5 minutes:

Hi,
The 20khz ( 20,000Hz ) is required to generate your battery boost from 12v dc to 350 - 400v dc bus. This reduces stress on your Fets or Igbts as the case may be.

Thanks for the reply fidelis,i am not using dc to dc converter or boost converter to step 12v to 340v i am simply talking about the pwm of the carrier freq,it used to be 10ths of khz for generating pure sine wave.

WimRFP said:
Hello,

When you really want sine wave output, you first have to build a 12V to 350..400V isolated converter. This high voltage feeds a full bridge (H-bridge) stage that is PWM modulated with above 20kHz.

A simple LC filter (with small ferrite core) removes the above 20 kHz switching frequency.

This H-bridge approach also can handle inductive loads as the inductive kick is fed back to the DC bus voltage. From a practical point of view, forget filtering a square wave output to get a sine wave output.

Depending on the availability of components, you may consider IGBT's for the H-bridge (check whether there is freewheel diode in it, if not you need 4 fast recovery diodes also).

Hi! Would you please point to such a circuit schematic please? That could be very helpful. Thanx

Hi, this inverter is a puresine wave, therefore a pic ic or micro controlers are used,because a refrence sinewave is used to compare with the carrier freq which is 10ths of kHz,so any where the refrence and control signal intersect the output toggle from lo to hi so you expect number of pulses with diffrent duty cyle,digital ic can't not do this work easily.

Hi, Kabiru

Thanks for the circuit.

Are you saying that the cct you posted above gives sinewave output ?, cos i'd like to build it.

Cheers.

Hi fidelis, the circute i post is not a puresine wave inverter it's a modified sine inverter, simply a modified square wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back