Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12VDC / 220VAC 100Watt inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
inverter circuit 12vdc 220vac method of operation

Power Inverter 12V To 120V

**broken link removed**

inverter using sg3525

iblink said:
Power Inverter 12V To 120V

**broken link removed**
Your link doesn't work but the schematic you posted is the laughing joke circuit of the internet. The inverter is a project at www.aaroncake.net and there are two forum threads with many complaints about it.

1) Its capacitors have backwards polarity and they blow up.
2) Its transistors have avalanche breakdown of their reverse-biased emitter-base junctions which wastes power and causes very high current in the capacitors.
3) Its transistors have a base current that is way too low for an inverter.
4) Its output power is about only 30W at a low voltage.

ok, whats the easiest way to generate the triangular and sine waveforms to be compared? using a micro how would you generate the triangle waveform at the specific carrier frequency??

Most people use a Pulse-Width-Modulation IC like a TL494 to make the triangle wave and comparators.
There are many ways to make a sine-wave.

DM7473
Dual Master-Slave J-K Flip-Flops
with Clear and Complementary Outputs

IC3__ must be ?

DM7473
Dual Master-Slave J-K Flip-Flops
with Clear and Complementary Outputs

Added after 8 minutes:

Dear freinds,
We are doing an inverter circuit for 12/230V 300VA with JK flip flops circuit.
The output which we get under no load is 300V or 250V but on load it gives just 100V. We are not understanding the problem. Also our circuit has tappings in secondary with 230,250,...300V.
Do we have any other circuit without this tapping transformer and gives the required output.
or
If anyone knows where do we get this tapping transformer and the cost please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Srikanth

what is your transformer details, check volt of center tap of transformer with negative with and without load,

Hi,can you tell me your transformer specifications which you use for your inverter?

Hi,
I dont have taping transformer, that is one problem.
I have 300VA, 12VDC/230VAC transformer.

So, the problems.

Mr.Rajudp can u pls let me know where do i get this tapping transformer with 220,250,300V tppin in secondary?

Regards,
Srikanth

Hi, i think your inverter circute does'nt have pwm control therefore the out put voltage will not be stable,i suggest you use the pwm desinge it will be more efficient.

Oh Thanks sir.
PWM means i believe it is pulse width modulation?

How to use it? any circuit or refrences please ..

Regards,
Srikanth

Added after 8 minutes:

Mr.Kabiru could you please be little more clear to understand.
As i understod ou are teling to increase turns to improve voltage, but thats not possible as it involves lot of probems.

Please specify about PWM

cheak the circute diagram of SG3525, in the above post it uses pwm for the output voltage control.

Added after 21 minutes:

the SG3525or3524 are pwm ic it can be used to control the output voltage of your inverter by sending a feed back voltage through the pin1 or pin2 of you ic this control the output voltage by controling the duty cycle of the oscilator that why i mention increase of voltage at the output so that it can be control by the pwm to the required output voltage needed.i am at work now and iam using my mobile phone to browse but i will send the diagram for you.

for normal inverter duty cycle is not changing because of using 12v transformer. if you are using 9v or less transformer (UPS type 0 then you need voltage regulation

When winding a transformer for inverter the secondary output will be 0-220v-240v the 220v is selected when charging to achieved 12v for charging the batteries and 240v is selected while inverting, the output voltage shoot to about 270v or even more when the battery is fully charged, the pwm is used to ensure that a required output is obtain say 230v this will be maintain even when you are loading your inverter.

Hi to all.
I am if these inverter circuits that some of you have demonstrated will produce dual 120vac current at 180 deg, to produce 220vac?
is something like this possible?
thanks to all.

No it's desinge for single output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back