Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] 6 layer stack up, 50ohm - single, 100 ohm diff, low cost prototype suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpga-developer

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[MOVED] 6 layer stack up, 50ohm - single, 100 ohm diff, low cost prototype suggestions

Hi!
Structure of my PCB stack up:
L1--^---^--- SIG
L2----------- GND [PLANE]
L3--^---^--- SIG/PWR
L4--^---^--- SIG/PWR
L5----------- GND [PLANE]
L6--^---^--- SIG

on L1/L6 assembled BGA (DDR2,FPGA) with pitch 0.8mm, so i need route aproximately 0.1/0.1 (line/clr.) and VIA about 06/03 or 05/02
L1/L3/L4/L6 single - 50ohm, diff - 100ohm

Please suggest me standart manufacturable low/midle coast stack up structure. Of couse it is possible play with polar speed stack up, but amount of combinations i will take for structures. I need some stack from practice from real manufacture.

Thank you!

your best bet is to contact your board house and ask them to give you the stack-up.

yes, i agree with loosemoose, it is the best way to advice your engineer, even the manufacturer could not give you the best choice.

Jack
soppcbtech at gmail dot com

another thing: if you want to have 50R_se in your 100R diffpairs: its not possible. Z0_se >> Z0_diff/2. They are equal if the separation is infinite.
If they are separate signals, then its OK, your SE signals will be wider than the diff signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back